It's been a while since my last blog. In the mean time I've had a house
full of Summer visitors, survived 2 icky colds and a car accident and
felt like I lost my balance a little in the process. I also got qualified as a Reiki level I & II practitioner, yarn bombed some trees in my neighborhood, created some new pottery pieces and found my balance again.
This morning I listened to an Access Consciousness podcast and was reminded of something that I want to share with you. It's about how we see ourselves and the world.
How often do we judge ourselves & others (choices, points of view, mistakes, etc.)? How often do we get stuck in bad habits and our believes about them? How often do we say, "if only I can do/be/have (this) then I will be truly happy."?
This is what we do. We get stuck in a point of view and then we feel like we have to defend it, prove it, chase it, stick to it over and over and over, forever and ever. Sadly most of us don't even know that we're doing it. It just becomes who we are. We become our judgments, our labels, our guilt, our habits, the dream that is forever slipping through our fingers.
What if you could let go of even just one of those things that is keeping you stuck in unhappiness?
What if, instead of repeating these (often by now unconscious) choices, we say to ourselves as we notice this pattern, how interesting. How interesting that I have this point of view or this judgment (of myself or others). How interesting that I think I need (this) to be happy. (Do I really?) How interesting that I think I'm stuck in this bad habit (or that bad choice) and that I think I have no control over it or no choice in the matter and that I have to carry this with me for the rest of my life. How interesting that I think I can't change my mind about a point of view that doesn't serve me anymore or isn't that important anymore...Phew...I can actually let that go. Right now. With ease and grace.
WHY NOT?
What I'm trying to say is this...If you suddenly looked at yourself and saw that you are carrying a bunch of dead weight for no reason other than you thought you had to (even though nobody is forcing you to do so), wouldn't you just put it down and continue on feeling so much lighter? How easy would that be? How enlightening would that be? And if you'd have no problem doing that physically, why not do it mentally too?
Before the new year starts, do yourself this favor: Put something down. Open yourself up to new possibilities and more authenticity by letting go of that which doesn't serve you anymore.
NAMASTE (The Light in me salutes the Light in you)
No comments:
Post a Comment