Thursday, March 8, 2012

books that can change your life

*
Hello my dears...it's been a while. Sorry about that! I've been meaning to get back to you, but I've been SO busy reading reading reading and learning learning learning that time has slipped through my intention.

*
What am I learning?

I'm like a sponge right now, learning about essentials oils, pottery, knitting and crocheting, learning Spanish, learning how to heal myself and let go of old and negative patterns, learning how to communicate with more honesty and compassion (specially with those hard to deal with individuals), learning positivity, patience, flexibility, learning how to give and receive, and how to be grounded, centered and connected.
*
And in between

there are taxes to be dealt with, passports to be renewed, healthy eating and exercise, volunteering at the pottery studio, occasional yoga & qigong, friends to enjoy and life in general.
*
What am I reading?
What did I read? And what is on my wishlist to be read? (in no particular order and including some ancient reading material I'll always recommend ) -
  • "Shift Happens" by Robert Holden
  • "How to not be afraid of your own life" by Susan Piver
  • "In the meantime" by Iyanla Vanzant
  • "The essential oils handbook" by Jennie Harding
  • and "The little book of aromatherapy" by Kathi Keville
  • "Falling for me" by Anna David
  • "The happiness project" by Gretchen Rubin
  • "500 Animals in clay" by Lark Books
  • "The basics of throwing" by David Cohen
  • "Disarming the narcissist" by Wendy T Behary
  • "You can heal your life" by Louise Hay
  • "The life you were born to live" by Dan Millman
  • "The art of uncertainty" by Dennis Merrit Jones
  • "Crochet bouquet" by Suzann Thompson
  • and "100 Flowers to knit and crochet" by Lesley Stanfield
  • "One day, my soul just opened up" by Iyanla Vanzant
  • and "Yesterday I cried" by Iyanla Vanzant
  • "The book of awakening" by Mark Nepo
  • "Soul pancake. Chew on life's big questions" by Rainn Wilson
  • "The last lecture" by Randy Pausch
  • and "Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom
  • " Broken open" by Elizabeth Lesser
  • and "Eat, pray, love" by Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Anything by Eckart Tolle, Garry Zukov or Wayne Dyer
  • "Chakra tonics" by Elise Marie Collins
  • "Reinventing your life" by Jeffrey Young
  • "Spanish for dummies" by Susana Wald and Cecie Kraynak
  • And "Spanish" by Onlingo (audio)
  • "Mister God this is Anna" by Fynn
  • "Conversations with God" by Neale Donald Walsch
  • "Sacred contracts" (audio book) by Caroline Myss
I think I'm about two thirds through this list :P (and there will be many more to add)
*
*
So that's what I wanted to share with you today. Hope all is well in your world.
Love, MJ

No comments: