inside this box
i built this nest
feathered with love
& flowered with hope
woven inside a tapestry
*
inside, a girl
frozen in fear
& a tiny blue bird
ready to hear
her hearts desires
and fly to the ear
of the one who
breathes life
in all that is dear
*
***
*
(sometimes things only start to rhyme in the second verse.)
*
***
*
I built this little shrine in a box (9 x 7 & a half x 6) that I decoupaged and painted, lined with feathers and tapestry threads and framed with a bead curtain. Then I added a flower, a birdhouse complete with a bird, a heart hanging by a thread and a stone girl cut from a photograph inside the box, and a little nest with an egg decorated with flowers on top.
*
It was supposed to be a fertility shrine, but it turned out to be more about starting a growth process…a spiritual growth process. It turned out that fertility issues is a way of pushing my soul to expand. And expand it did, and then some.
*
This is part of the reason why I haven’t been blogging so frequently the last few months. At first I was dealing with the trials and tribulations and the monthly heartaches of being on fertility medicine and not getting pregnant. Then I met a wonderful woman who steered me gently into a journey of discovery…about why we are here, why it hurts so much sometimes, the connectivity of it all and what next.
*
I am sure that my next few blogs will be all about sharing some of the extraordinary discoveries I made with you. We all have our own journeys and maybe mine is far removed from the reality of yours, but maybe it helps you to see something that will help you in whichever way it is meant to.
*
*
(C) Art, poetry & thoughts, MJ Calitz, 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment