*
My friend Heather asked me to paint a canvas for her bedroom. She redecorated the room and needed something new to hang above her bed. I felt very excited about this. The fact that someone wanted to hang my art in an intimate space like their bedroom and more so that she trusted me to paint something she'd like. Because she said I could paint anything I wanted to. That's a big request.
*
I thought about it for a while and then decided that I wanted to give her something soft and dreamy…something feminine. So I picked blues and grays and creams that would fit in with her decor, a little chocolate and a little silver…and without thinking about it too much, instinctively painted this…
My friend Heather asked me to paint a canvas for her bedroom. She redecorated the room and needed something new to hang above her bed. I felt very excited about this. The fact that someone wanted to hang my art in an intimate space like their bedroom and more so that she trusted me to paint something she'd like. Because she said I could paint anything I wanted to. That's a big request.
*
I thought about it for a while and then decided that I wanted to give her something soft and dreamy…something feminine. So I picked blues and grays and creams that would fit in with her decor, a little chocolate and a little silver…and without thinking about it too much, instinctively painted this…
*
*
…with all the drying time included I finished it in 3 and a half days. It's 24 x 36 inches. And I used acrylics and a wooden word that I originally thought about using as a stamp. I painted 90% of it with an old credit card and the rest with the back of a paintbrush, except for the word, which I painted layering different colors until I got the desired effect and attached to the canvas with gloss gel.
*
I have always been shy and a little possessive / protective with my art and I thought it would be hard to let go of it (this is the first painting to leave my house), but to my surprise it was easy and joyful and I feel light and accomplished. And suddenly I'm more relaxed about my art too, not just to let it go, but also what I do and how. I've learned to trust my instincts more and not to worry so much about the outcome and what others may expect of me. I've said this before, but now I feel it too.
*
Here is the second thing I wanted to blog about...
*
There comes times in our lives when we feel like we need to do something. something that is right. something that can also be painful. Whether it be ending a chapter in your life, starting something new or telling the truth.
*
I have come to such a point in my life. I was not happy. In fact I was down right depressed and felt like I was literally in pain for months. it took so much energy just to get up in the morning and pretend that I was fine that I stopped doing things that mattered to me & things that brought me joy. And I clung to the wrong things. And I thought I had to make this big move to heal all this.
*
I had it all figured out and was ready to make my move. But it wasn't the answer. The answer was right in front of me…was one of those things that I have known, but didn't want to know. and one morning in the shower it all became very clear to me and I knew what I had to do. I had to let something go and I needed to become fully present in my life. Yes, I know, this is another thing that I have said before, but have never felt so clearly before. It was one of those things you know and yet you have to get there yourself before you can do it. It was hard and I feel sad and sorry that I hurt someone in the process. But I know that this was the right thing to do because suddenly I feel calm and strong and light. And for the first time in a while, I feel real hope again.
*
So here is a little painting, a little poem & a little soul talk...
*
…with all the drying time included I finished it in 3 and a half days. It's 24 x 36 inches. And I used acrylics and a wooden word that I originally thought about using as a stamp. I painted 90% of it with an old credit card and the rest with the back of a paintbrush, except for the word, which I painted layering different colors until I got the desired effect and attached to the canvas with gloss gel.
*
I have always been shy and a little possessive / protective with my art and I thought it would be hard to let go of it (this is the first painting to leave my house), but to my surprise it was easy and joyful and I feel light and accomplished. And suddenly I'm more relaxed about my art too, not just to let it go, but also what I do and how. I've learned to trust my instincts more and not to worry so much about the outcome and what others may expect of me. I've said this before, but now I feel it too.
*
Here is the second thing I wanted to blog about...
*
There comes times in our lives when we feel like we need to do something. something that is right. something that can also be painful. Whether it be ending a chapter in your life, starting something new or telling the truth.
*
I have come to such a point in my life. I was not happy. In fact I was down right depressed and felt like I was literally in pain for months. it took so much energy just to get up in the morning and pretend that I was fine that I stopped doing things that mattered to me & things that brought me joy. And I clung to the wrong things. And I thought I had to make this big move to heal all this.
*
I had it all figured out and was ready to make my move. But it wasn't the answer. The answer was right in front of me…was one of those things that I have known, but didn't want to know. and one morning in the shower it all became very clear to me and I knew what I had to do. I had to let something go and I needed to become fully present in my life. Yes, I know, this is another thing that I have said before, but have never felt so clearly before. It was one of those things you know and yet you have to get there yourself before you can do it. It was hard and I feel sad and sorry that I hurt someone in the process. But I know that this was the right thing to do because suddenly I feel calm and strong and light. And for the first time in a while, I feel real hope again.
*
So here is a little painting, a little poem & a little soul talk...
*
*
* find your balance
find your strength
find your artist
inside
*
find your kindness
and your forgiveness
find your respect
inside
*
inside
inside
inside
*
find yourself
inside
*
***
*
REMEMBER:
Your strength lies iNside you. Others have only as much power over you as you give them.
*
Whatever you do, always be true to yourself, respect yourself and speak your truth.
*
When you doubt yourself, tell yourself "I can do this," "I did my best," or "I am enough."
*
TruSt your instincts.
*
If you feel like you've done something unforgivable, forgive yourself & let it make you stronger.
*
And the biggest present you can give yourself is to bE present in your life. If you are always stuck in the past or worried about the future, you are missing your life. Time is precious.
*
YOu are precious.

2 comments:
SmileGRL, your reflection held me in rapt attention. You are a butterfly waiting to take to the air. I could feel the growing pains of your metamorphosis as your begin to stretch your wings. The emotional power of your art captivated me with deep feelings which I too have too often ignored. Thank you for taking me along on your journey. :)
John
john, i almost miss this comment. you aRe my yellow star. thank you sO much. hugs
Post a Comment