I was planning a photograph of a seagull for you today, because, guess what? I'm leaving for a vacation Saturday...yay! 3 weeks in sunny Florida, camping and reading and a whole lot of doing nothing. A seagull seemed fitting.
*
But then I read one of my favorite blogs this morning and my mind took another turn...things happen & how do we deal with them...so instead of cleaning the house, I thought and I painted and I wrote. (& in between the house got cleaned too. very fast mind you...I think the fairies helped a little)
**
She had this vision in her head. the day was a flip flop kind of sunshiny day complete with popsicles and a big yellow sun. her gypsy skirt & sun kissed hair sparkling as if sprinkled with fairy dust, dancing in the breeze. birds singing. Her watermelon mouth wide with glee. And in her gaze a secret garden cottage underneath a shady tree. Bees & butterflies. And all kinds of flowers and leaves growing along the path, painting spring. Walk with me...inside, a chandelier, tea for two, love seat. A sigh like she's come home. Children's art on the wall depicting the same scene: dollhouse, smiling sun, floating flowers, and her, stick like with gypsy skirt, L-shaped feet and hands that looked like spiders...round with long stick fingers. How she loved children's' drawings. The sun always smiled in them.
*
(...I once saw a man with a knife stuck in his hand. His palm was swollen like a tennis ball...)
*
It was a very good day and she wouldn't spoil it with bad images. Not even if it wasn't hers. Specially if it wasn't hers.
*
It's just...things happen. Unexpected things and sometimes you gotta put the dream and the happy smiles to one side and do the things you didn't want to think about. Nobody wants to think about the wicked witch or knives in hands or...death. It's not the dying part, no. it's the end of things part that bothered her, like...who's gonna send that last e-mail for you? IF. Or maybe it's just me thinking about these things. sometimes.
*
(...I once saw a man with a knife stuck in his hand. His palm was swollen like a tennis ball...)
*
It was a very good day and she wouldn't spoil it with bad images. Not even if it wasn't hers. Specially if it wasn't hers.
*
It's just...things happen. Unexpected things and sometimes you gotta put the dream and the happy smiles to one side and do the things you didn't want to think about. Nobody wants to think about the wicked witch or knives in hands or...death. It's not the dying part, no. it's the end of things part that bothered her, like...who's gonna send that last e-mail for you? IF. Or maybe it's just me thinking about these things. sometimes.
*
***
*
*
i will be back in 3 weeks
kisses & smiles
mj
*
*
(C) Copyright MJ Calitz, 2009. collage, mj, 2009
kisses & smiles
mj
*
*
(C) Copyright MJ Calitz, 2009. collage, mj, 2009
(click on pic if you wish to enlarge)
